Denison served in Upper Canada’s military
during the first half of the nineteenth century. He inherited
his wealth from his father, John Denison, and his wives. The Belle
Vue estate encompassed the area that is now bounded by Queen,
Lippincott, Bloor, and Augusta. The estate included a farm and
an orchard. The path that led up to the house is now Denison Avenue.
One of George Denison’s sons, Robert, inherited the estate
after his father’s death in 1853, and sold it in 1889. The
house was demolished in 1890.